Phlebotomy Supervisor's Boot Camp
Price | $529.00
Quantity in Basket | none
November 4, 5, and 6, 2015---Charlotte, North Carolina
- Is your phlebotomy training program producing outstanding phlebotomists, or mediocre employees?
- Are gaps in orientation and training responsible for your customer service and sample quality problems?
- Are you new to training or mentoring phlebotomy students or staff?
- Is your phlebotomy turn-over rate consuming your resources?
- Is your curriculum as comprehensive as it should be? Does it reflect the current standards?
Whether you are new to training phlebotomists or a seasoned educator, the Center for Phlebotomy Education is conducting an intensive two-and-a-half day seminar designed to help managers and educators refine their training programs to optimize their staff’s performance and expertise. A faculty of world-class instructors will cover topics essential to every healthcare professional who draws blood samples including:
- Reducing expenses by cultivating satisfied, long-term employees;
- Cutting costs through process improvement;
- Nurturing professionalism and responsibility;
- Understanding different learning styles for effective teaching;
- Mentoring students and new staff... and much more.
Registration: $529. (Save $70 when registering 3 or more from the same facility ($459/person). To apply the discount, register by phone or fax.)
Three Ways to Register
- By Phone
Call toll free 866-657-9857.
- By Fax
Fax your valid facility purchase order to
- Register Online
Click "Add to basket" above, then proceed to checkout in the upper right corner of this page.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: 100% at least 30 days prior to event, 50% at least 15 days prior to event, no refund if cancellation is less than 15 days prior to event. Once we have confirmed our numbers with the hotel, we are required to pay for attendees meals and unused sleeping rooms, whether they are there or not. Thank you for your understanding.
Registration includes a full lunch on Wednesday and Thursday, snacks each day, and a portfolio of resources, 16.5 P.A.C.E.® continuing education credits and a CD with over $500 worth of templates, documents, and other tools to help you implement what you've learned.
Besides learning how to be a more effective trainer, participants will be able to network with their peers from across the country, and share ideas, strategies, and solutions to their most perplexing problems.
Evening Reception: each evening the hotel offers a Manager's Reception, which is your opportunity to network with the faculty and other attendees.
Special Evening Activity: See how blood collection tubes are made during an after-hours guided tour of Greiner-Bio-One's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in nearby Monroe.
Dennis J. Ernst MT(ASCP)
Dennis is the Executive Director of the Center for Phlebotomy Education, Inc. Besides being a highly recruited international lecturer, he has authored over 50 articles on phlebotomy, two textbooks, and a desk reference. He chairs CLSI working groups, participated on CDC Best Practices panels, and serves as editor of the Phlebotomy Today family of newsletters. He has served as an expert witness in phlebotomy-related lawsuits.
Elizabeth Warning, MS, MT(ASCP)CM
Beth is adjunct faculty with the University of Cincinnati Medical Laboratory Science Program in Cincinnati, OH. Prior to her position with UC, Beth served as Director of Laboratory Services at St. Elizabeth Healthcare in Northern Kentucky as well as holding the position of Program Director for the St. Elizabeth Healthcare School of Medical Laboratory Science. No stranger to the national spotlight, Beth readily shares her wealth of clinical management and academic experience at the Clinical Laboratory Educator's Conference (CLEC) and the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science's annual meeting.
Other presenters TBA
Transportation, lodging, etc.:
Our host hotel for this year's Boot Camp is the Embassy Suites-Ayrsley in Charlotte, North Carolina Nov. 4-6, 2015. A limited block of sleeping rooms has been set aside at a rate of $169.00 plus tax per night (single or double occupancy). Reserve your room early before the block sells out.
Air transportation to and from Charlotte is served by the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.
- For the Agenda and more information, click here.
- For information about hotel reservations, travel, and meals, click here.
- For driving instructions, click here.
- ALL REGISTRANTS: So that we can make sure we address your most burning issues, please click here to fill out our survey. Then save on your computer and email it back to us as an attachment.
This event made possible by generous support from Greiner Bio-One